The good news is that this program is operated by the city of Seattle. The bad news is that it’s only available to low-income residents of certain Seattle neighborhoods.
Get unlimited high-speed internet for $9.95/month (for speeds up to 10 Mbps) plus tax. There are no credit checks, contracts or equipment rental fees. Free installation and in-home Wi-Fi. No credit checks, contracts or equipment rental fees required. Refurbished laptops available for purchase. The only catch (if it can be called that) is that you must live in a Seattle neighborhood where Wave is available.
On average, recipients save: $33 / Month
To apply, it may take you about: 30 Minutes
The average response time is about: 2 Weeks
How it works
Simply Internet provides a high-speed connection that enables a qualifying household to get online for a low monthly rate of $9.95. Wave provides all necessary installation services and equipment to provide basic connectivity and wireless internet service at no additional fee.
Are you eligible?
- You live in an area that offers Wave internet.
- You are the homeowner or renter.
- You meet one of the following income requirements:
- You qualify for Seattle’s Utility Discount Program
- You qualify for low-income subsidized housing
- You have a child who qualifies for a free or reduced school lunch program
Stuff you’ll need
- Your contact information
- Proof of your income
- If you are using the Seattle Free or Reduced School Lunch Program or City of Seattle Utility Discount Program as proof of your income, no additional information is needed
- If you are using the National School Lunch Program’s Free Lunch Program as proof of your income, provide a referral form from your child’s school
Photo Identification (examples: driver’s license or Washington identification card)
How to apply
You can apply for Simply Internet by Wave in-person, by mail, or by email by filling out the online application form first.
Apply by email:
Apply by mail:
- City of Seattle
IT Office of Cable Communications
PO Box 94709
Seattle, WA 98124-4709
Apply by phone:
- Phone: (206) 386-1989 (Mon-Thurs 8 am – 4:00 pm except holidays)
Remember that you cannot apply online, in person or by fax. You MUST contact the city of Seattle using the methods shown above.
For more information
- Website: wavesimplyinternet.com
Address: 502 Rainier Ave S #101, Seattle, WA 98144
You can also contact Brenda Tate with the city of Seattle at:
Phone: (206) 386-1989